Friday 6 December 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Dynamite, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1929 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- John Vaccaro: American theatre producer, director, composer, actor and writer.
- Nikolaus Harnoncourt: German-Austrian cellist and conductor.
- Frank Springer: American author and illustrator (d. 2009).
- Alain Tanner: Swiss director producer and screenwriter.
- King Moody in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Shtarker - Get Smart).
- Mark Kopytman: Composer
- Philippe Bouvard: French journalist, TV host and presenter born to an Alsatian jewish mother and to Marcel Bouvard who left his family. Well-known for the longevity of his comedy radio show radio "Les Grosses Têtes" (1977-2014) on RTL (where he invited Jean Dutourd, Amanda Lear, Jean-Claude Brialy, Darie Boutboul ...) and for the TV program "Le Petit théâtre de Bouvard" (1982-86).
- Turkey introduces female suffrage.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 December 1929 and get them!