Friday 6 December 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include King Moody in New York City and Mark Kopytman.
Dynamite, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1929 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- King Moody in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Shtarker - Get Smart).
- Mark Kopytman: Composer.
- Philippe Bouvard: French journalist, TV host and presenter born to an Alsatian jewish mother and to Marcel Bouvard who left his family.
- John Vaccaro: American theatre producer, director, composer, actor and writer.
- Nikolaus Harnoncourt: German-Austrian cellist and conductor.
- Frank Springer: American author and illustrator (d. 2009)
- Alain Tanner: Swiss director producer and screenwriter
- Turkey introduces female suffrage.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 December 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?