Tuesday 12 January 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rob Derksen and Jorge Pupo.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to El Paso by Marty Robbins.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise and Consent by Allen Drury Hawaii was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of the Terrible Ten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1960 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Rob Derksen: Australian baseball head coach (Olympics-1996).
- Jorge Pupo: Cuban American actor.
- Monica Starr: Monica Starr discovered astrology in 1973, when she read Linda Goodman’s Sun Signs and after that graduated.
- Jacques Wilkins: French-born American pro basketball player: forward, predominantly for the Atlanta Hawks.
- Dominique Wilkins: NBA forward (Atlanta Hawks).
- Oliver Platt: Canadian-American actor
- Nevil Shute [Norway]: Eng / Aust Author (Town like Alice), dies at 60.
- Sobers and Worrell complete 399 stand for fourth wicket versus England.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?