Monday 4 January 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to El Paso by Marty Robbins.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1960 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Cory Everson in Racine: Wisconsin, USA; body builder (six times Ms Olympia).
- Art Paul Schlosser: American comedian,singer and song writer.
- Michael Stipe: American musician, lead singer with the group R.E.
- Gavin Miller: Australian rugby league player.
- April Winchell: American actress.
- Albert Camus: French writer, an essayist, novelist and dramatist.
- European Free Trade Association forms in Stockholm, Sweden.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?