Monday 12 December 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Cinderfella, directed by Frank Tashlin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1960 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Martina Hellmann: German discus thrower.
- Masahiko Nishimura: Japanese actor.
- Jaap van Sweden: Dutch violinist / concert master.
- The Supreme Court of the United States upholds a lower Federal Court ruling that the State of Louisiana's laws on racial segregation laws are unconstitutional, and overturns them.
- While Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia visits Brazil, his Imperial Bodyguard leads a military coup against his rule, proclaiming that the emperor's son, Crown Prince Asfa Wossen, is the new emperor.
- The countries of El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua announce the formation of the Central American Common Market.
- The U.S. Navy's Commander Leroy Heath (the pilot) and Lieutenant Larry Monroe (the bombardier/navigator) establish a world flight-altitude record of 91,450 feet (27,874 m), with payload, in an A-5 Vigilante twinjet bomber carrying a 1,000 kilogram payload, and they better the previous world record by over four miles (6nbspkm).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 December 1960 and get them!