Sunday 12 July 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1908 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Paul Runyan: American golfer and sportscaster (d. 2002).
- Will Benjamine: American professional astrologer, teacher, writer and lecturer.
- Milton Berle: American comedian whose most successful medium was TV, which he practically dominated from 1948-1956, gaining the nicknames of "Mr.
- Richard Evenou: Pl?guien Military man.
- Michele Sciacca: Italian philosopher.
- Ernest Burnelle: Belgian politician
- Johan Franco: Composer
- Milton Berlinger (Berle) in Harlem: New York City, USA; American comedian/actor (Texaco Star Theater, "Uncle Miltie", "Mr Television").
- Alain Cuny: French actor, who first studied medicine before entering the film industry as a costume and set designer. Cuny started acting in the 1930s. Among his most notable films are Les Visiteurs du soir (1942), Les Amants (The Lovers 1958); La Dolce Vita (1960) and Satyricon (1969), the later two directed by Federico Fellini. During his life, he befriended women such as Hafida Elalama, and many other models and actresses, and literary heroes like Antonin Artaud.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Are You Sincere? - Elise Stevenson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?