Wednesday 8 July 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nelson A Rockefeller and Nelson A Rockefeller American politician (Governor-Republican-New York).
Suzugamori, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1908 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Nelson A Rockefeller: 41st Vice President of the United States (d. 1979).
- Nelson A Rockefeller American politician (Governor-Republican-New York): 41st Vice President (1974-77).
- Nelson Rockefeller: American politician and noted family, the son and heir of John D. Rockefeller Jr.
- Louis Jordan: American singer-songwriter saxophonist and actor (Tympany Five) (d. 1975).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When It's Moonlight on the Prairie - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?