Thursday 12 June 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Out of the Fog, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1941 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Marv Albert: American veteran and popular sportscaster with NBC, fired from his post when he went to trial on sexual charges.
- Chick Corea: American jazz musician, Corea was playing piano by age four.
- Reg Presley: English singer-songwriter (The Troggs) (d. 2013).
- Lucille Roybal-Allard: American politician.
- Roy Harper: English folk rock singer, songwriter and guitarist who has been a professional musician since 1964.
- Roy Harper in Manchester: England; rocker (Folkjokeopus).
- Chick Corea in Chelsea: Massachusetts, USA; jazz musician (Delhpi I, Toy Dance).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?