Saturday 12 June 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Want Ads by The Honey Cone.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Death in Venice, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1971 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Florencia Labat: Buenos Aires, Argentina -- Tennis star (1992 Austrian).
- Iwan Tomasz: Soccer player (Roda JC, Feyenoord).
- Phillip Bobo: WLAF receiver (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Stephanie Thater: Kirkwood, Missouri -- Volleyball middle blocker (1996 Olympics).
- Mark Henry: Silsbee, Texas -- 238+lbs (108+kg) weightlift (1992, 96 Olympics - 14th Place).
- Felicia Ballanger: French cyclist, the French Speed Champion 1988, 1991 and 1996. She was the World's Record Women's Champion in 1995 and 1996 and won a Gold Medal in Speed Cycling at the Atlanta Olympics 7/28/1996.
- Ryan Klesko: Westminster, California -- Outfielder (Atlanta Braves)
- Arman Alizad: Iranian-Finnish tailor and television host
- Jérôme Romain: Caribbean-Dominican triple jumper and coach
- Tricia Nixon and Edward F Cox marry at White House.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- The Partridge Family - I'll Meet You Halfway
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?