Thursday 17 June 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
McCabe & Mrs. Miller, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1971 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Mildred Fox: Irish politician.
- Tripp Schwenk: United States -- 100m / 200m backstroke (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Paulina Rubio: World Music Singer.
- At 11:13 AM, Disneyland welcomes its 100-millionth guest, Valerie Suldo of New Jersey.
- President Richard Nixon declares the U.S. War on Drugs.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- The Partridge Family - I'll Meet You Halfway
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?