Wednesday 23 June 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Carnal Knowledge, directed by Mike Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1971 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Ron Corning: American broadcaster, co-host of the "Good Day New York" TV show on ABC news.
- Felix Potvin: Anjou, Canada -- NHL goalie (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Joe Rumolo: CFL defensive linebacker (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Fred Ewanuick: Canadian actor and producer.
- Félix Potvin: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Stéphane Deschamps: French accident fatality. Stephane and Martine had married on 7/22/1995 and, as hopeful and happy newlyweds, had just taken over the management of a bakery and had settled in their new third floor apartment in Angers, France. On 8/14/1995, a homeless vagrant set fire in the staircase. When Stéphane opened the door of the apartment, the flames burst everywhere. He and Martine both jumped out of a window and crashed to the ground some 30 ft. down. Stéphane died on impact, 9:40 PM MEDT and Martine
- Phillies Rick Wise no-hits Cincinnati Reds, 4-0
- WTVP TV channel 47 in Peoria, IL (PBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?