Wednesday 23 June 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Felix Potvin and Joe Rumolo.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Carnal Knowledge, directed by Mike Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1971 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Felix Potvin: Anjou, Canada -- NHL goalie (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Joe Rumolo: CFL defensive linebacker (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Ron Corning: American broadcaster, co-host of the "Good Day New York" TV show on ABC news.
- Stéphane Deschamps: French accident fatality.
- Fred Ewanuick: Canadian actor and producer.
- Félix Potvin: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Phillies Rick Wise no-hits Cincinnati Reds, 4-0
- WTVP TV channel 47 in Peoria, IL (PBS) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 June 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?