Monday 12 June 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Deep Throat, directed by Jerry Gerard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1972 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Sophie Lawrence: British actress, seen in the TV soap "Eastenders" in 1988-1991, when she left the series to pursue an acting career.
- Inger Miller: Los Angeles, California -- 100m runner.
- Nathalie Baudone: Rocurt, Belgium -- Tennis star (3rd round 1995 US Open).
- Patrick van Diemen: Dutch soccer player (FC Utrecht, NEC).
- Scott Dawes: Australian baseball catcher (1996 Olympics).
- George P. Shultz begins term as 60th Treasury Secretary of the US.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
- Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?