Friday 4 June 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Kuroneko, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1971 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Patrick Scott: NFL / WLAF linebacker (Pittsburgh Steelers, Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Roy Janse: Edmonton, Alberta -- Tornado yachter (1996 Olympics).
- Tanya Beyer: St. Paul, Minnesota -- Playmate (Feb, 1992).
- Noah Wyle: American actor, best known for his role as Dr. John Carter on the TV series "ER," for which Noah Wyle has received five Emmy Award nominations, as well as three Golden Globe nominations as Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television.
- James Callis: English actor and screenwriter.
- Joseph Kabila: Congolese soldier and politician President of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Mike Lee: American politician, junior senator from Utah
- Shoji Meguro: Japanese director and composer
- Karl Sinijärv: Estonian journalist and poet
- Georg Lukacs: Hungarian philosopher (Born 1885).
- J Luns appointed Secretary General of NATO
- Oakland Athletics beat Washington Senators, 5-3, in 21 innings.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?