Friday 12 March 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Big Clock, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1948 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Sandra Brown: American author.
- Kent Conrad: American politician (Senator-Democrat-North Dakota).
- James Taylor in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; vocalist/guitarist ("Up on the Roof").
- Dana Walden: rock keyboardist (Champaign).
- Les Holroyd in Oldham: England; rocker (Barclay James Harvest).
- James Taylor: American singer and songwriter whose introspective and sensitive songs helped a generation through the transition period from the turmoil and dissention of the ’60s to the less politically oriented ’70s. He is probably best known for his second album, "Sweet Baby James," which went gold after its February 1970 release.
- Virginia Bottomley: Scottish politician, a Conservative Member of Parliament who returned at the General Election on 6/11/1987. Bottomley was a psychiatric social worker from 1973-1984 and has been a member of Parliament since 1984.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?