Tuesday 30 March 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Ball and Justin Deas in Connellsville.
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Tonight on Broadway.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1948 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Dave Ball: Rocker (Procul Harum).
- Justin Deas in Connellsville: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Buzz - Guiding Light, Dream Lover, As the World Turns, Santa Barbara).
- M A King: FBA, economist.
- Jim Dandy: Mangrum; vocalist (Black Oak Arkansas - "").
- Mervyn King British economist Governor of the Bank of England (2003: present).
- Éric Yung: French police inspector (1969-1978) who became a journalist in 1980, writing for 'Quotidien de Paris.' In 1983 he became a producer at France Inter (a major French public radio channel), and he is the author of several books.
- Nigel Jones: Baron Jones of Cheltenham English computer programmer and politician
- Eddie Jordan: Irish racecar driver founded Jordan Grand Prix
- Mervyn King: English economist and academic
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 March 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Now is the Hour (Maori Farewell Song) - Buddy Clark
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?