Monday 29 March 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1948 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Joseph Chetcuti: Maltese-Australian barrister, solicitor, book writer, publisher (of The Maltese Observer), and editor (of Il-Maltija).
- Bud Cort: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Carlo Petrini: Italian news figure who had left Italy and his family because of a scandal about 1985.
- Bud Cort in New Rochelle: New York, USA; actor/director (Harold and Maude, Brewster McCloud, MASH).
- Johnny Dowd: American self-taught songwriter, guitar player, and vocalist, he has released several CDs and tours widely throughout the US and Europe.
- Drachtster Boys soccer team forms in Drachten
- Yanks and Red Sox tie at 2-2 in 17, spring training game
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Now is the Hour (Maori Farewell Song) - Buddy Clark
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 March 1948 and get them!