Monday 29 March 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bud Cort in New Rochelle and Joseph Chetcuti.
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Swift Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1948 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Bud Cort in New Rochelle: New York, USA; actor/director (Harold and Maude, Brewster McCloud, MASH).
- Joseph Chetcuti: Maltese-Australian barrister, solicitor, book writer, publisher (of The Maltese Observer), and editor (of Il-Maltija).
- Johnny Dowd: American self-taught songwriter, guitar player, and vocalist, he has released several CDs and tours widely throughout the US and Europe.
- Carlo Petrini: Italian news figure who had left Italy and his family because of a scandal about 1985.
- Bud Cort: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Drachtster Boys soccer team forms in Drachten
- Yanks and Red Sox tie at 2-2 in 17, spring training game
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Now is the Hour (Maori Farewell Song) - Buddy Clark
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?