Saturday 20 March 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
All My Sons, directed by Irving Reis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1948 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Pamela Sargent: United States -- Sci-fi author (Venus of Dreams, Cloned Lives).
- Chuck Seelbach: American baseball player drafted by the Detroit Tigers in 1970.
- Jonathan Sayeed: British politician, Member of Parliament who returned at the general election 6/11/1987.
- Bobby Orr: Canadian ice hockey player.
- John de Lancie: American actor singer and producer.
- Nikos Papazoglou: Greek singer-songwriter and producer (d. 2011)
- Marva Wright: American blues singer (d. 2010)
- 1st live televised musical Eugene Ormandy on CBS followed in 90
- With a Musicians Union ban lifted, the first telecasts of classical music in the United States, under Eugene Ormandy and Arturo Toscanini, are given on CBS and NBC.
- 20th Academy Awards: Gentleman's Agreement, Ronald Colman, Loretta Young win.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sabre Dance - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- I Love You, Yes I Do - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?