Thursday 11 March 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Big Clock, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1948 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Roy Barnes: American lawyer and politician 80th Governor of Georgia.
- César Gerónimo: Dominican baseball player and coach.
- George Kooymans: Dutch singer-songwriter and guitarist (Golden Earring).
- Jan Schelhaas: English keyboard player (Caravan and Camel).
- Dominique Sanda: French actress.
- Serge Firca: French athlete, a triple jumper who won two league titles in France in 1969 and 1971.
- George Kooymans in The Hague: Netherlands; guitarist/singer (Golden Earring - "Radar Love", "Twilight Zone").
- Cesar Geronimo: Dominican baseball player
- Karl Jensen: Jensen commenced the study of astrology in the late 70s, he got the American Federation of Astrologers's exam in 1983. Since 1985 he is professional astrologer. His specialties are personal astrology - development astrology and business astrology.
- 1st black in the US Tennis Open (Reginald Weir)
- Reginald Weit became the 1st black to play in the US Tennis Open
- WBAL TV channel 11 in Baltimore, Maryland (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Jewish Agency of Jerusalem bombed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?