Saturday 6 March 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Sitting Pretty, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1948 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Mario Bianchi: Italian film director, known for such films as "Fasthand," "Don't Trust the Mafia," "The Murder Secret" and "Satan's Baby Doll.
- Janice Facinelli: American veterinarian who after working with animals for some time began to focus on the emotional bonds between animals and humans.
- Elnardo Webster: American athlete pro basketball player for one season, 1971-72.
- Anna Horsford: TV Actress.
- Stephen Schwartz: American musical theatre lyricist and composer.
- James FCS "Jim" Woude: Cartoonist
- Vincent Courtillot: French geophysicist, prominent among the researchers who are critical of the hypothesis that impact events are a primary cause of mass extinction of life forms on the Earth. Courtillot is best known for his book "La Vie en catastrophes" (Paris, Fayard, 1995), translated into English as "Evolutionary catastrophes" (1999).
- Ross Lockridge: American author of "Raintree County," published in 1948 after seven years of writing.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?