Wednesday 31 March 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1948 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Al Gore: American politician, an attractive member for the Democratic Party with a famous political name, a solid family life, and strong religious conviction.
- Gary Doer: Canadian politician and diplomat 20th Premier of Manitoba.
- Natalia Dubova: Russian ice dancer and coach.
- David Eisenhower: American author and educator.
- Gustaaf Van Cauter: Belgian cyclist.
- Rhea Perlman: TV Actress
- Jane Booth: American golfer.
- Rhea Perlman in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Zena - Taxi, Carla - Cheers).
- Albert Gore Jr in Washington DC: USA; American politician (Senator-Democrat-Tennessee, 1985-92)/45th US Vice President (1993-).
- Mick Ralphs in Hereford and Worcester: England; guitarist (Bad Company, Mott the Hoople).
- Thijs van Leer: Dutch singer/flutist (Focus - "Hocus Pocus", Introspection).
- Jude Sayce: American singer with the blues band "Crawlin' King Snake," 1993. Proud of her native American heritage, she wore her black hair long and straight, bright colors and sparkling jewels, and spend a lot of time outdoors gardening and communing with nature.
- Egon E Kisch: Czech writer / journalist (Raging Reporter), dies at 62.
- Congress passes Marshall Aid Act to rehabilitate war-torn Europe
- US Congress passes Marshall Aid Act to rehabilitate war-torn Europe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Now is the Hour (Maori Farewell Song) - Buddy Clark
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?