Monday 12 March 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 12 March 2007 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 March
- Hege Nerland: Norwegian lawyer and politician (d. 2007).
- Representative Ron Paul of Texas announces his candidacy for President of the US in 2008.
- While identifying as a Unitarian, Representative Pete Stark (D-CA) becomes the first member of the United States Congress to openly acknowledge that he does not hold a ampquotgod-beliefampquot. (AP via Guardian.co.uk)
- The High Court of Zimbabwe rules that detained opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai of the Movement for Democratic Change must either be brought into court on Tuesday or released. (BBC)
- Nigel Griffiths resigns as the Deputy Leader of the British House of Commons over the proposed expansion of the Trident missile system. (BBC)
- Lieutenant General Kevin Kiley resigns as the Surgeon General of the United States Army over the Walter Reed Medical Center scandal. (BBC)
- Asanbekov Sarybayev, the Deputy Culture Minister of the Government of Kyrgyzstan, resigns and joins the United Front For A Worthy Future For Kyrgyzstan opposition coalition. The United Front says it will hold protests in Bishkek in April against the Constitution and in favor of early presidential elections. (RFE/RL)
- United Nations investigators criticise Sudan for gross human rights violations in Darfur, including murder, mass rape and kidnapping. (BBC)
- The blueprint for the Chinese space program, including the first Chinese-built astronomy satellite, a joint unmanned mission to Mars with Russia, and other extensive international cooperation, is released. (Xinhua)
- Lawyers in Pakistan boycott courts in protest at President Pervez Musharraf's suspension of the country's Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry for alleged ampquotmisuse of authorityampquot. More than 20 lawyers were injured in clashes with police during demonstrations in Lahore. (BBC)
- 2007 National People's Congress: After announcements in February that China's trade surplus is near a record high, in an open press conference, People's Bank of China Governor Zhou Xiaochuan and Minister of Commerce Bo Xilai were both vocal in their criticism towards the United States in a proposed 27.5% tariff, with Bo calling it ampquotdestructive to bilateral tradeampquot. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Break It Off - Rihanna
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 March 2007 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?