Thursday 15 March 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 15 March 2007 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 March
- Hungarian police use water cannon and tear gas to disperse a crowd of anti-government protestors in Budapest. (BBC)
- Four United States soldiers die in Baghdad in a car bomb attack, while 12 Iraqis die in Baghdad and Iskandariya in the south of Iraq. (BBC)
- Willie Brigitte is sentenced to nine years' jail in France for planning terrorist attacks in Australia. (ABC News Australia)
- Researchers discover that the polar ice cap at Planum Australe, the south pole of Mars, is thick enough to cover the planet with water if melted. (National Geographic)
- The Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger signs a bill to move the California primary from June to February 5. (AP via CBS News)
- Russia, Greece and Bulgaria sign a deal to build a pipeline to transport Russian oil to the Greek port of Alexandroupolis. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- The five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council and Germany agree on a proposal for sanctions against Iran for its nuclear programs to be discussed by the Security Council. (Reuters via CNN)
- The BBC issues a plea for information on the whereabouts of its Gaza correspondent, Alan Johnston, who has been missing for three days and is believed by Palestinian security officials to have been kidnapped. (BBC)
- Naxalite rebels attack a police outpost in the Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, India, killing at least 49 officers and looting their weapons. (AP via Canada.com)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Break It Off - Rihanna
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?