Thursday 12 April 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Matter by Akon.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Fracture, directed by Gregory Hoblit, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 12 April 2007 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 April
- Kevin Crease: Australian TV anchor (Born 1936).
- In the USA, Don Imus is fired by CBS for making controversial comments about the Rutgers women's basketball team.
- India's DRDO successfully tests its nuclear-capable Agni-III, a surface-to-surface ballistic missile with a range of more than 3000 km. (NDTV)
- Italian riot police clash with hundreds of Chinese merchants in Milan after scuffles break out over traffic problems in Chinatown. (Reuters via the Melbourne Age)
- Governor of New Jersey Jon Corzine suffers numerous serious injuries resulting from a hit and run car accident on the Garden State Parkway in Galloway Township. (Reuters)
- Cuba-United States relations: Accused terrorist Luis Posada Carriles is released from jail and handed over to U.S. immigration officials. (AP via International Herald Tribune)
- The Bush administration admits that it may be missing e-mails related to the dismissal of eight United States Attorneys as the Senate Judiciary Committee authorises chairman Patrick Leahy to subpoena documents related to the issue. (International Herald Tribune)
- Paul Wolfowitz, the President of the World Bank, apologizes for his role in a pay scandal involving his girlfriend. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Iraqi insurgency:
- An explosion in the cafeteria of the National Assembly of Iraq kills eight people, including MP Mohammed Awad, and wounds many others. (News Limited)
- A truck bomb explodes on the al-Sarafiya Bridge in Baghdad, killing at least 10 people and putting cars into the Tigris River. (BBC)
- Al Qaida claims responsibility for the bombings in Algiers, Algeria. (Channel 4)
- Several candidates in the first round of the East Timor presidential elections, including the Prime Minister José Ramos-Horta, have called for a recount amid allegations of voting irregularities. (BBC)
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dismisses Prime Minister Pak Pong-ju and appoints Kim Yong-il in his place. (KCNA)
- Premier of the People's Republic of China Wen Jiabao urges Japan to admit to their actions in World War II during a landmark address to the Diet of Japan. (BBC)
- The Kremlin vetoes an investigation into the death of Yuri Gagarin on the 46th anniversary of the first orbit of Earth. (Belfast Telegraph)
- The anchor handling tug supply vessel ''Bourbon Dolphin'' capsizes in the North Sea. Three people are dead and four are missing. (Aftenposten)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Beyonce - Beautiful Liar
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Diddy - Last Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?