Wednesday 12 September 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Henry Beck and Sam Brownback.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Attack, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Conflict.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1956 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Charles Henry Beck: Fayetteville, North Carolina -- PGA golfer (1990 Buick Open 1992).
- Sam Brownback: American poliician, conservative Republican and presidential hopeful in the 2008 race.
- Corinne Jacobson: French fashion model.
- Serge Kos: French newsmaker, an unemployed youth who died on 18 February 1981, aged 25, of hunger and cold in a hangar in Sochaux.
- Barry Andrews: English singer and keyboard player (XTC Shriekback and The League of Gentlemen).
- Chip Beck: American golfer
- Leslie Cheung: Hong Kong singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2003)
- David Goodhart: English journalist and author
- Brian Robertson: Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Thin Lizzy Motörhead and Wild Horses)
- Ricky Rudd: American race car driver and sportscaster
- Walter Woon: Singaporean lawyer and politician 7th Attorney-General of Singapore
- Black students enter and are barred from Clay Ky elementary school
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 September 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?