Thursday 12 September 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Laronde and Ler LaLonde.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Hey Jude by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Funny Girl, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1968 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Larry Laronde: US funk metal bassist (Primus-Frizzle Fry).
- Ler LaLonde: American guitarist (Primus).
- Paul F Tompkins: American comedian.
- Sandra Zidani: Belgian Francophone professor of religion, historian, artist and humorist.
- Larry LaLonde: American guitarist and songwriter (Primus Possessed and Blind Illusion).
- Nicholas Russell: 6th Earl Russell English politician (d. 2014)
- Richard Snell: South African cricketer and physiotherapist
- Tommy Armour: Scottish-American golfer and sportscaster (d. 1968).
- Albania announces it is withdrawing from the Warsaw Pact
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 September 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Aretha Franklin - The House That Jack Built
- Marvin Gaye - You're All I Need To Get By
- Deep Purple - Hush
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?