Friday 12 October 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Around the World in Eighty Days, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1956 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Emilio Charles: Mexican wrestler (d. 2012).
- David Vanian: English singer-songwriter (The Damned and Dave Vanian and the Phantom Chords).
- Lorenzo Perosi: Italian priest and composer (d. 1956).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?