Sunday 12 August 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Bigger Than Life, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1956 ?
- Lee Freedman: Australian horse trainer.
- Bruce Greenwood: Canadian actor and producer.
- Sidath Wettimuny: Sri Lankan cricketer.
- Terry Taylor [Paul Klause]: Wrestler (WCW / WWF / NWA, Red Rooster).
- Mireille Faugère: French public administrator, who served as the executive director of the 'Assistance Publique - Hôpitaux de Paris' from 1 September 2010 to November 2013.
- Canadain actor William Shatner (Star Trek) marries Gloria Brink
- KOTI TV channel 2 in Klamath Falls, OR (NBC / CBS) begins broadcasting
- Marlene Bauer Hagge wins LPGA World Golf Championship
- William Shatner marries Gloria Rand
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 August 1956 and get them!