Thursday 12 September 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Woman in a Dressing Gown, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Letter From Peking by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1957 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Hawk [Michael Hegstrand]: Wrestler (ECW / WCW / WWF / AWA, Legion of Doom).
- Hans Zimmer: German composer.
- Adam Nicolson: British author who has written about history, landscape, great literature and the sea.
- Ferdinand Gamper: Italian homicide; the serial killer of six people on 3/22/1996.
- Rachel Ward: English-Australian actress director and screenwriter.
- Archbishop Makarios of Cyprus visits US
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?