Wednesday 13 April 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Fugitive Kind, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1960 ?
- Rudi Voller: German football coach.
- Rudi Völler: German soccer/football coach and former player.
- Lyn Brown: English social worker and politician.
- Bob Casey: Jr.
- Olaf Ludwig: German cyclist and manager.
- Transit 1B, first navigational satellite, placed in Earth orbit.
- France becomes the fourth nuclear nation, exploding an A-Bomb in Sahara.
- The United States launches Transit 1-B, the world's first satellite navigation system.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Steve Lawrence - Footsteps
- Connie Francis - Mama
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 April 1960 and get them!