Friday 13 January 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Annie Jones and Kelly Nascimento.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
A Fistful of Dollars, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Arrangement by Elia Kazan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Invaders.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1967!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1967 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Annie Jones: Australian actress.
- Kelly Nascimento: Brazilian noted family, the daughter of soccer champ Pelé.
- Anatole de Grunwald: British producer and screenwriter (Born 1910).
- Rolling Stones appear on Ed Sullivan Show
- Coup in Togo.
- A military coup occurs in Togo under the leadership of Etienne Eyadema.
- ''The New York Times'' reports that the U.S. Army is conducting secret germ warfare experiments.
- The Human Be-In takes place in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco the event sets the stage for the Summer of Love.
- Louis Leakey announces the discovery of pre-human fossils in Kenya he names the species ''Kenyapithecus africanus''.
- January 15 The first Super Bowl is played in Los Angeles The Green Bay Packers defeat the Kansas City Chiefs 35-10.
- The United Kingdom enters the first round of negotiations for European Economic Community membership in Rome.
- Albert DeSalvo (''The Boston Strangler'') is convicted of numerous crimes and sentenced to life in prison.
- Jeremy Thorpe becomes leader of the UK's Liberal Party.
- ''A Fistful of Dollars'', the first significant ampquotspaghetti Westernampquot film, is released in the United States.
- In Munich, the trial begins of Wilhelm Harster, accused of the murder of 82,856 Jews (including Anne Frank) when he led German security police during the German occupation of the Netherlands. He is eventually sentenced to 15 years in prison.
- The new town of Milton Keynes (England) is founded by Order in Council.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 January 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- The Mamas & The Papas - Words Of Love
- Four Tops - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?