Monday 13 November 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adrienne Corri and Clyde McPhatter.
Duck Soup, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1933!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1933 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Adrienne Corri: Glasgow, Scotland -- Actress (River, Dr Zhivago).
- Clyde McPhatter: Rocker.
- Peter Härtling: German writer and poet.
- Ojārs Vācietis: Latvian author and poet (d. 1983).
- 1st modern sit-down strike, Hormel meat packers, Austin, Minnesota
- First modern sit-down strike, Hormel meat packers, Austin, Minnesota.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?