Friday 14 January 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Kid, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while Main Street by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1921 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Roland Chenail: Canadian supporting actor and comedian, mainly seen in soaps.
- Murray Bookchin: American author and philosopher (d. 2006).
- Kenneth Bulmer: English author (Born 1921).
- Charles Gaupp: German / Dutch painter.
- Mark Lawrence: Washington, DC -- Pianist (Alice Pearce).
- Roger Carré: French soccer/football player, he played for RC Roubaix (1943-1944), Lille OSC (1944-1950), and RC Lens (1950-1954).
- Roger Carre: France sport Champion
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Japanese Sandman - Nora Bayes
- Fair One - Ted Lewis & His Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 January 1921 and get them!