Saturday 1 January 1921
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Queen of the Turf, directed by John K. Wells, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1921 ?
- Clifford Bourland: American track & field champion, winner of gold medal in 4x400 m relay at the 1948 Summer Olympics.
- John Roberts: American military, United States Air Force General and commander of the Air Training Command.
- Elsa Albani: Italian actress of stage, screen and television, who died in Turin on 24 August 2004.
- Ismail al-Faruqi: Palestinian-American philosopher and academic (d. 1986).
- César Baldaccini: French sculptor and academic (d. 1998).
- Regina Bianchi: Italian actress (d. 2013)
- John Strawson: English general (d. 2014)
- Alain Mimoun: French athlete, he won the marathon at the Olympic Games 1956, in the heat of Melbourne, after three silver medals in the previous Games (1948 and 52). Nicknamed "Emile Zatopek's shadow". Just before his victorious race, he had a daughter, Olympe, born 30 November 1956.
- Cesar Baldaccini: French sculptor (d. 1998)
- Wadih El Safi: Lebanese singer and songwriter
- César : French artist and sculptor, his first solo exhibit was held in 1954 in Paris. Throughout his creative career, he worked with a variety of materials, primarily with plastics and metals.
- Barbara Goalen: British famous model of the 50s, pictured on glossy fashion magazines. Her first husband died when she was only 24, a young mother with two children. She married Nigel Campbell in 1954 and they had two children. He died in 1993.
- Jean Laurain: French politician who served as Minister of Veteran Affairs from 1981 to 1983, under former President François Mitterrand.
- Theobald von Bethmann Hollweg: Chancellor of Germany (Born 1856).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Anytime, Anyday, Anywhere - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 January 1921 and get them!