Thursday 6 January 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Queen of the Turf, directed by John K. Wells, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1921 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Marianne Grunberg-Manago: Russian-French biochemist and academic (d. 2013).
- Cary Middlecoff: American golfer and sportscaster (d. 1998).
- Gary Middlecoff: American dentist who went from being an amateur golfer to being a professional golfer in 1957.
- Lou Harris: pollster ( Poll).
- Cary Middlecoff golfer (1956 Vardon Trophy: 1955 Byron Nelson Award).
- Louis Deprez: France sport Champion
- Formation of the Iraqi Army.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Anytime, Anyday, Anywhere - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?