Sunday 8 May 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Arabesque, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1966 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Claudio Taffarel: Brazilian footballer.
- Eddie Brown: Canadian Football League slot back (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Marta Sanchez: Spanish singer.
- Marta Sánchez: Spanish singer and guitarist.
- Cláudio Taffarel: Brazilian footballer and coach.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Tall City Golf Open.
- Last game at old Busch Stadium, Saint Louis Cardinals lose 10-5 to San Francisco Giants.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- Herman's Hermits - Leaning On The Lamp Post
- The Shadows Of Knight - Gloria
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?