Tuesday 15 June 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Day at the Races, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1937 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Waylon Jennings in Littlefield: Texas, USA; singer of innumerable country songs ("Ramblin' Man", Dukes of Hazzard).
- Pierre Billon: Swiss-Canadian author and screenwriter.
- Anna Hazare: Indian activist.
- Michéle Cotta: Nice Journalist.
- Ray Coleman: Journalist.
- Rolf Riehm: Composer
- Waylon Jennings: American country-western singer who became a definitive "outlaw" figure. Charismatic with a strong voice and personality, along with Willie Nelson he spearheaded country away from bland to exciting, gritty and more personal. After upsetting the Nashville regime, he directed his own band, "The Waylors." Innovative production and heavier instrumentation with a rock approach have resulted in years of hits and a long career for both him and his band.
- A German expedition led by Karl Wien loses sixteen members in an avalanche on Nanga Parbat. It is the worst single disaster to occur on an 8000m peak.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?