Tuesday 15 June 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Coleman and Rolf Riehm.
A Day at the Races, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Wimbledon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1937 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Ray Coleman: Journalist.
- Rolf Riehm: Composer.
- Waylon Jennings in Littlefield: Texas, USA; singer of innumerable country songs ("Ramblin' Man", Dukes of Hazzard).
- Waylon Jennings: American country-western singer who became a definitive "outlaw" figure.
- Michéle Cotta: Nice Journalist.
- A German expedition led by Karl Wien loses sixteen members in an avalanche on Nanga Parbat. It is the worst single disaster to occur on an 8000m peak.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?