Monday 15 March 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Swing High, Swing Low, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1937 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Dan Adkins: American illustrator (d. 2013).
- Marcus Raichle: American neurologist and physiologist.
- Valentin Rasputin: Russian environmentalist and author (d. 2015).
- Roger Tomkys: English academic and diplomat.
- James O'Connor: American executive and CEO in charge of Commonwealth Edison, the No.
- H P Lovecraft: American writer (Born 1890).
- 1st blood bank forms (Chicago IL)
- 1st state contraceptive clinic opens (Raleigh NC)
- First state contraceptive clinic opens (Raleigh, North Carolina).
- First blood bank is established (Chicago, Illinois).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 March 1937 and get them!