Monday 15 October 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Susan DeMattei and Dana Giacchetto.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Lola, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Magic Door.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1962 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Susan DeMattei: San Francisco, California -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Dana Giacchetto: American financial manager of movie stars, one of the hip movers and shakers and a Bill-Gates type nerd with plastic-rimmed glasses.
- Guy Georges: French homicide perpetrator, a serial killer in Paris who was given the moniker "The Beast of the Bastille.
- Anwar Wissa: American-Egyptian who allegedly abducted his two children on August 23, 2001.
- WLOX TV channel 13 in Biloxi-Gulfport, MS (ABC) begins broadcasting
- U.S. intelligence personnel analyzing U-2 spy plane data discover that the Soviets are building medium-range missile sites in Cuba.
- Byron R White appointed to the US Supreme Court.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- Frank Ifield - I Remember You
- Dickey Lee - Patches
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Gene Pitney - Only Love Can Break A Heart
- Booker T. & The M.G.s - Green Onions
- Chris Montez - Let's Dance
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?