Saturday 20 October 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1962 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ray Childress: NFL defensive tackle / defensive end (Houston Oilers).
- Steven R "Randy" Jackson: US percussionist / singer (Enjoy Yourself).
- David M Evans: American screenwriter and film director.
- David Evans: American director and screenwriter.
- Dave Wong: Hong Kong-Taiwanese singer-songwriter and actor.
- Mr President opens at St. James Theater NYC for 265 performances
- Chinese army lands in India
- Musical, Mr President, written by Irving Berlin, opens on Broadway
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- Frank Ifield - I Remember You
- Dickey Lee - Patches
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Gene Pitney - Only Love Can Break A Heart
- Booker T. & The M.G.s - Green Onions
- Chris Montez - Let's Dance
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?