Saturday 16 December 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Angela Bloomfield and Zeljko Kalac.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Me And Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arthur of the Britons.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1972 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Angela Bloomfield: New Zealand actress.
- Zeljko Kalac: Australian footballer.
- Jennifer Cole: American noted family, the daughter of actor Michael Cole.
- Charles Gipson: American baseball player.
- Željko Kalac: Australian footballer and coach.
- Paul Leyden: Australian actor director producer and screenwriter
- Travis Morrison: American singer-songwriter (The Dismemberment Plan)
- Bangladesh Constitution goes into effect
- Miami Dolphins become first undefeated NFL team (14-0-0).
- Vietnam War: Henry Kissinger announces that North Vietnam has left private peace negotiations, in Paris.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 December 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- America - Ventura Highway
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- The Stylistics - I'm Stone In Love With You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?