Monday 16 June 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include -minu and Allen Cowlings.
L'Atalante, directed by Jean Vigo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Wife Saver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1947 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- -minu: Swiss columnist and writer.
- Allen Cowlings: American athlete, football player on the same team with his pal O.J.
- Gregory Heitzmann: Canadian astronomer and astrologer.
- Robert LeRoy: American homosexual; died of AIDS on February 9, 1994 in Inyokern, CA.
- Günther Kaufmann: German actor and singer (d. 2012).
- Tom Malone: American trombonist composer and producer (The Blues Brothers and CBS Orchestra)
- Buddy Roberts: American wrestler (d. 2012)
- Tom Wyner: English-American voice actor director producer and screenwriter
- Jean-Francois Capart: Belgian egyptologist (Memphis), dies at 86.
- Pravda denounces Marshall Plan
- Soviet news service Pravda denounces American Marshall Plan.
- First network news - Dumont's News from Washington.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 June 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Temptation (Tim-Tayshun) - Red Ingle & The Natural Seven & Jo Stafford
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?