Tuesday 16 October 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
I Vitelloni, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1956 ?
- James H Newman: Trust Territory of Pacific, PhD / Astronaut (STS 51, 69).
- Marin Alsop: American violinist and conductor.
- John Chavis: American football player and coach.
- Rudra Shahidullah: Bangladeshi poet author and playwright (d. 1992).
- Meg Rosoff: American-born, London-based author.
- Love Me Tender with Elvis Presley premieres
- William J Brennan Jr becomes a US Supreme Court Justice.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?