Tuesday 16 October 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James H Newman and Meg Rosoff.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
I Vitelloni, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tales of the 77th Bengal Lancers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1956 ?
- James H Newman: Trust Territory of Pacific, PhD / Astronaut (STS 51, 69).
- Meg Rosoff: American-born, London-based author.
- Marin Alsop: American violinist and conductor.
- John Chavis: American football player and coach.
- Rudra Shahidullah: Bangladeshi poet author and playwright (d. 1992).
- Love Me Tender with Elvis Presley premieres
- William J Brennan Jr becomes a US Supreme Court Justice.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 October 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?