Sunday 17 October 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Great K & A Train Robbery, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1926 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Archibald Duncan: Scottish professor of history and literature in Glasgow University.
- Julie Adams: American actress.
- Beverly Garland: American actress (d. 2008).
- Roberto Lippi: Italian race car driver (d. 2011).
- Karl Henize: American scientist, selected for astronaut training in August 1967 but he never went into space.
- Karl G Henize in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; astronaut (STS 51F).
- Beverly Garland in Santa Cruz: California, USA; actress (My Three Sons).
- Julie Adams in Waterloo: Iowa, USA; actress (Yancy Derringer, Code Red).
- Karl Gordon Henize: Cincinnati, Ohio -- Astronaut (STS 51-F)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Looking at the World Thro' Rose-Colored Glasses - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?