Wednesday 16 October 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Suzanne Somers in San Bruno and Michael Aquino.
Deception, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Stars in Your Eyes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1946 ?
- Suzanne Somers in San Bruno: California, USA; actress (Three's Company, Step by Step).
- Michael Aquino: American founder of the Temple of Set and one of America's leading Satanists.
- Jan Kruithof: Dutch race horse jockey, a harnessed trot racer who won Le Prix Jockey in 1984 on Noble Atout.
- Suzanne Somers: American actress of films and TV series who is usually cast as the sexy dumb-blonde.
- Geoff Barnett: English footballer.
- Alfred G Jodl: Colonel-General / German staff chief weather authority, hanged.
- Granville Ransome Bantock: English Composer / conductor, dies at 78.
- Hans Franc: German war criminal, hanged.
- Arthur Seyss-Inquart: Austrian chancellor (1930s), dies at age 54.
- Wilhelm Frick: German civil servant, typical, with a colorless personality.
- Wilhelm Keitel: German Nazi Field Marshall and Chief of Staff of the High Command of the German Armed Forces (OKW), Hitler's closest military advisor and second only to him. In October 1940, he took over the Axis African Command. He condoned measures leading to mass murder in Poland and Russia. Described as hard, unsmiling and mysterious, he was tried by the International Military Tribunal, found guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity, and hanged on 10/16/1946 in Nuremberg Prison.
- Ernst Kaltenbrunner: Senior official of Nazi Germany during World War II. An Obergruppenführer (general) in the Schutzstaffel (SS), between January 1943 and May 1945 he held the offices of Chief of the Reichssicherheitshauptamt (RSHA, Reich Main Security Office) and President of Interpol. He was the highest-ranking member of the SS to face trial at the first Nuremberg Trials. He was found guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity and executed on 16 October 1946.
- Alfred Rosenberg: Estonian-German philosopher of national socialism, a racist politician, journalist and anti-Marxist, he also had a great influence on Hitler.
- Fritz Sauckel: German politician, Nazi, chief of slave labor recruitment whose orders moved five million people to slave work. After 1942, he rounded up men and women on the streets all over Europe, taking them from their homes, from shops and cinemas, as well, for work in German factories, roads, and homes. As the Reich Director of Labour, 1942-1945, his was directly responsible for the enslavement of five million people. He was a seaman and prisoner of war in France in World War I, and one of the earliest to
- Joachim von Ribbentrop: German soldier and politician 14th German Reich Minister for Foreign Affairs (d. 1946)
- 10 Nazi leaders hanged as war criminals after Nuremberg trials
- Nuremberg Trials: Execution of the convicted Nazi leaders of the Main Trial.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rumers are Flying - Tony Martin
- Five Minutes More - Skitch Henderson & His Orchestra
- Hoagy Carmichael - Ole Buttermilk Sky
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?