Wednesday 16 October 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Deception, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1946 ?
- Suzanne Somers: American actress of films and TV series who is usually cast as the sexy dumb-blonde.
- Michael Aquino: American founder of the Temple of Set and one of America's leading Satanists.
- Geoff Barnett: English footballer.
- Jan Kruithof: Dutch race horse jockey, a harnessed trot racer who won Le Prix Jockey in 1984 on Noble Atout.
- Suzanne Somers in San Bruno: California, USA; actress (Three's Company, Step by Step).
- Ernst Kaltenbrunner: Senior official of Nazi Germany during World War II.
- Wilhelm Keitel: German Nazi Field Marshall and Chief of Staff of the High Command of the German Armed Forces (OKW), Hitler's closest military advisor and second only to him.
- Arthur Seyss-Inquart: Austrian chancellor (1930s), dies at age 54.
- Joachim von Ribbentrop: German soldier and politician 14th German Reich Minister for Foreign Affairs (d. 1946).
- Alfred G Jodl: Colonel-General / German staff chief weather authority, hanged.
- Granville Ransome Bantock: English Composer / conductor, dies at 78
- Hans Franc: German war criminal, hanged
- Fritz Sauckel: German politician, Nazi, chief of slave labor recruitment whose orders moved five million people to slave work. After 1942, he rounded up men and women on the streets all over Europe, taking them from their homes, from shops and cinemas, as well, for work in German factories, roads, and homes. As the Reich Director of Labour, 1942-1945, his was directly responsible for the enslavement of five million people. He was a seaman and prisoner of war in France in World War I, and one of the earliest to
- Wilhelm Frick: German civil servant, typical, with a colorless personality. He was a young police officer in Munich from 1923, then served as a spy for Hitler. Doggedly loyal, he became an efficient party leader in Reichstag and was the first Nazi to hold provincial office in Thuringa. He was useful in public relations work.
- Alfred Rosenberg: Estonian-German philosopher of national socialism, a racist politician, journalist and anti-Marxist, he also had a great influence on Hitler.
- 10 Nazi leaders hanged as war criminals after Nuremberg trials
- Nuremberg Trials: Execution of the convicted Nazi leaders of the Main Trial.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rumers are Flying - Tony Martin
- Five Minutes More - Skitch Henderson & His Orchestra
- Hoagy Carmichael - Ole Buttermilk Sky
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?