Wednesday 17 April 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Isador Caplan and Benigno Zaccagnini.
Romani, the Brigand, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1912!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1912 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Isador Caplan: Lawyer / Aldeburgh Festival Pioneer.
- Benigno Zaccagnini: Italian physician and politician.
- Pierre Graux: Calais physician.
- Marta Eggerth: Hungarian-born actress and singer, naturalized citizen of the United States.
- Russian troops open fire on striking goldfield workers in northeast Siberia, killing at least 150.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 April 1912
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Prince's Orchestra
- To the Land of My Own Romance (I Have a Dream, By Night, By Day) - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- The Harbor of Love - Walter Van Brunt
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?