Wednesday 17 April 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Romani, the Brigand, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1912!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1912 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Marta Eggerth: Hungarian-born actress and singer, naturalized citizen of the United States.
- Pierre Graux: Calais physician.
- Benigno Zaccagnini: Italian physician and politician.
- Isador Caplan: Lawyer / Aldeburgh Festival Pioneer.
- Russian troops open fire on striking goldfield workers in northeast Siberia, killing at least 150.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Prince's Orchestra
- To the Land of My Own Romance (I Have a Dream, By Night, By Day) - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- The Harbor of Love - Walter Van Brunt
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 April 1912 and get them!