Thursday 17 April 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Genevieve and Rémy Julienne.
Paramount on Parade, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1930 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Genevieve: Paris, France -- Singer (Jack Paar Show, Scruples).
- Rémy Julienne: French driving stunt performer, stunt coordinator, assistant director and occasional actor, a veteran of over 1,400 films.
- Chris Barber: English trombonist and bandleader.
- Alexander Golovin: Russian painter and set designer (d. 1930).
- Abkhazian ASSR established in Georgian SSR.
- Neoprene is invented.
- The Chittagong Rebellion begins in India with the Chittagong armoury raid.
- The BBC Radio Service from London, somewhat infamously, reports on this day that ampquotThere is no newsampquot.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 April 1930
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?