Wednesday 17 March 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Eight Days A Week by The Beatles.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Major Dundee, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1965 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- John Smiley in Phoenixville: Pennsylvania, USA; pitcher (Cincinnati Reds).
- Caitlin Bilodeaux in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; US fencer (Olympics-1992).
- Beatles announce their film is named 8 Arms to Hold on to You (Help)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?