Thursday 17 August 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frederik de Merode and Mickhail Botvinnik.
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1911 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Frederik de Merode: Belgian Prince.
- Mickhail Botvinnik: Soviet and Russian International Grandmaster and three-time World Chess Champion, widely considered one of the greatest chess players of all time.
- Marie Eckstrom: American astrologer, unmarried.
- Wolfgang Röhder: German Nazi military, a Sturmbannführer (Major), in the Waffen-SS during World War II.
- Wolfgan Rohder: Germany Military man.
- Mikhail Botvinnik: Russian chess player, grandmaster and world champion (Born 1911)
- Martin Sandberger: German colonel and lawyer (d. 2010)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Was Before I Met You (solo version) - Walter Van Brunt
- That was Before I Met You - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Turn Off Your Light, Mr. Moon Man - Nora Bayes & Jack Norworth
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?