Monday 28 August 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Barry O'Neil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1911 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Jose Antonio Giron de Velasco: Politician.
- Joseph MAH Luns: Foreign Minister / secr-General (NATO).
- Joseph Luns: Dutch politician who , served for 19 years as foreign minister of The Netherlands before being appointed (1971) secretary-general of NATO, a position he held until 1984.
- 45.7 cm rainfall at St. George, Georgia (state record)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- All Alone - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Selections from The Pink Lady - Prince's Orchestra
- By the Saskatchewan - Reinald Werrenrath & Haydn Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?