Monday 21 August 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Arnault and Pierre-Gilbert Duprat.
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1911 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Don't Wake Me Up, I'm Dreaming - Walter Van Brunt
- That Railroad Rag - Walter Van Brunt
- In the Land of Harmony - Arthur Collins
- Infanta March - Fred Van Eps
- The Mississippi Dippy Dip - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?