Tuesday 17 August 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Help!, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1965 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Steve Gorman: American drummer (The Black Crowes and Trigger Hippy).
- Glen Goldsmith: rocker ("What You See is What You Get").
- Dottie Mochrie Pepper: Saratoga Springs, New York -- Golfer (1992 Dinah Shore).
- Fred Grim: Soccer player (Cambuur L, Ajax).
- Robert Manry: Cleveland newspaper editor / sailed the Atlantic (in craft).
- Roberto Clemente: Puerto Rican baseball broadcaster and former professional baseball player.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- The Beatles - Help!
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
- Billy Joe Royal - Down In The Boondocks
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 August 1965 and get them!